Well, I'm one day in and already am really struggling with the challenge. Eating 80% raw foods is really difficult. I'm craving something hot and harty. Though with the 20% of meals I'm allowed to eat cooked food, I'm truly enjoying! I'm hoping as the days go on I will notice it easier to go through the day with raw foods. Today, I'm feeling hungry and really want a HUGE steak! I'll keep plugging away, eating mostly raw foods and only healthy cooked meals. I can say though, that after only one day, I FEEL better. I feel happier, a big more energetic and more confident. This is the one thing making me keep going!
I'm loving the green monsters though. I'm super pumped to get out and get more ingredients to fix different ones! I'll post some of my favorite recipes when I fix 'em!
<3 Melissa
Hey hun, one thing that might help curb the cravings is to be more mindful while eating the cooked foods. What I mean is sence eating the cooked food will clearly be more enjoyable then the raw foods when you do get to sit down and eat it, actually enjoy it. Try not to eat in front of the tv, take small bites, savor it and enjoy the taste. Most people eat WAY TOO QUICKLY and dont really enjoy the flavors while eating which often makes them overindulge later.
ReplyDelete--Em